Head of Finance
Operations - London, England, United KingdomApply now
At Chattermill we use cutting-edge AI technology to give leading companies the key to improving their customer experience. We work with many of the most exciting companies in the world (Uber, HelloFresh, Transferwise, and Skyscanner to name a handful!) and are passionate about helping them put their customers at the heart of their decision making.
In our 6 years we’ve grown from two co-founders to a team of 50 (and counting) bright and diverse individuals. Chattermill was recently voted 16th in the Fastest growing tech companies in the UK by Deloitte and 77th in the fastest growing companies in Europe in the FT1000. We have ambitious plans to keep growing and are now looking for a Head of Finance to join us in London and be the first senior Finance hire to take over our Finance operations from our Head of Operations but also to create a strategic approach to Finance within Chattermill and work with our leadership team to bring a commercial aspect to the Finance department.
One of our core company values is that we act as responsible owners and we are hoping that the right person shares this belief. We hope that the new Head of Finance will be a de facto leader and help every team lead and the wider business to buy into our business model and strategy.
As a Head of Finance, you will:
- Take ownership of the company Business Model and work with the CEO & Head of Operations on the business strategy
- Set up all scalable financial processes and controls
- Have ownership of all financial reporting including monthly management and annual statutory accounts
- Tax work including R&D claim
- Drive company-wide budgeting, forecasting and KPI analysis
- Manage the company share option and benefits schemes
- Investor relations & support in all fundraising activities
- Oversee transactional finance (AP / AR / payroll / expenses etc), currently being managed by a part time Finance Admin support
What we’re looking for:
- Previous experience in the Finance team at a high-growth technology business eg VC/PE backed Start-up/Scale-up
- Exposure to working with investor reporting
- Working with Xero and it’s wider eco-system
- Somebody who can display a passion for life-long learning
- A natural leader who specialises working in a team
Nice to have (use this section when necessary):
- Fully qualified accountant
- SaaS experience
- Worked across tax jurisdictions inc. Germany, Russia, Turkey, LATAM
Why join us?
- A competitive salary as well as the ability to share in the company’s success through options
- We want you to grow with us, so we place huge importance on providing our people with great opportunities to develop and progress, such as a £500 (yearly) personal development budget, a progression framework, unlimited access to a fully stocked library and biweekly Breakfast and Learns
- Great progression opportunities - we want you to grow with us!
- A flexible Health & Wellness benefits budget that can be spent on health insurance, physical and mental health or other needs starting at £50pcm growing £25pcm for each year of service
- 25 days holiday (in addition to bank holidays) + 1 day for your birthday + 1 day for every year of service up to 5 years
- Perks including discounts on cinema tickets, utilities and more
- Flexible working conditions and the opportunity to work from home
- Lovely office with great classes, events, and a rooftop terrace (when not in a pandemic!)
- Regular company socials planned by our great colleagues!