Sales Development Representative
Sales - London, England, United KingdomApply now
A Roadmap to Your Success…
We believe that The Right Team is Key if we want to achieve our growth plans. That’s why we need you to support our Director of Sales Enablement, to achieve our ambitious goals and for you to make your mark from day one.
As a Sales Development Representative at Chattermill you’ll play a key part in our sales process. You’ll work within your territory and vertical, using a combination of inbound and outbound processes to provide our account executives with strong, relevant sales leads. With strong training, rewards and prospects on offer we can help you kick off your career in sales in the right way.
As part of your position, you’ll enjoy……
- A starting salary of £25,000 per annum, with rewards, commission and salary increases to be added on at key milestones giving you a first year OTE of up to £45k..
- The ability to share in the company’s success through options
- Flexible working conditions and the opportunity to work from home
- £500 (yearly) personal development budget, a progression framework, unlimited access to a fully stocked library and bi-weekly Breakfast and Learns
- A flexible Health & Wellness benefits budget that can be spent on health insurance, physical, and mental health or other needs starting at £50pcm growing £25pcm for each year of service
- 25 days holiday (in addition to bank holidays) + 1 day for your birthday + 1 day for every year of service up to 5 years
- Contribution to your pension (don’t worry, we are looking to increase our 3% contribution very soon)
- Perks including discounts on cinema tickets, utilities and more
- Lovely office with great classes, events, and a rooftop terrace
- Regular company socials planned by our great colleagues
We act as responsible owners…
At Chattermill we trust our team and believe that we thrive when working autonomously. Having the freedom to make decisions and deliver in our areas of responsibility is a crucial driver for us – whether it’s about the team, the company, a project, or a simple task. We love that this allows our team to be highly involved in our mission and play a big part in our growth!
What you’ll be doing…
- Identify and source relevant sales leads in your assigned territory and verticals
- Build and develop strong relationships with prospective clients
- Use your holistic knowledge of the company’s product and service offering to act as an ambassador and advisor to potential clients
- Perform regular prospective outreach using a variety of channels including over the phone, email, and social media
- Support marketing efforts and follow up on inbound leads garnered from the company website, events, and campaigns
- Develop an excellent knowledge of the customer experience space by performing market research and staying up to date with industry movements
- Develop and implement your own outbound campaigns to develop your territory and key targeted accounts
- Work closely with the Account Executive and Growth team to achieve overall commercial targets
What you’ll need…
- A collaborative team player who cares deeply about the success of the wider business
- Strong emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills, a customer-centric and consultative approach to working
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- The ability to ask effective questions, listen actively and analyse key information
- The ability to identify and address the needs of prospective clients
- Resourcefulness and the ability to find impactful information and approaches
- Great time and project management skills
- The ability to tell stories using data and craft effective messaging and content
- An understanding of Customer Experience and what makes a great customer journey
- You’re digitally savvy and have the ability to embrace and master new technology
- You have a “can-do” attitude and take the initiative to develop both the business and your career
- You’re adaptable, coachable, and driven to continuously improve and strengthen your skillset
It’s great if you’ve worked in sales development or in a SaaS environment before, but we love and recognise raw talent! Degree level education and additional languages are also helpful, but not necessary.
We are obsessed with experience…
And we want your experience interviewing with us to be a great one! Here's what to expect...
First stage: Let’s introduce ourselves (30 minutes)
You’ll have an introductory Zoom call with a member of the Talent team - we’d love to learn more about you, your ambitions, and what you’re looking for in your next step.
Second stage: Get to know your would-be team (30 minutes)
You’ll have a Zoom call with Jack Crabtree, our Director of Sales Enablement, as an opportunity to find out more about the role and the company. We’d also like to get to know just what it is you’re looking for in your next role.
Third stage: Show us what you are made of (1 Hour)
We’ll provide you with a short task to complete, which you’ll then present back to Jack and another one of the team members. We’ll delve in to your skills and experience a little further, and give you the opportunity for any further questions you might have.
Final stage: Let’s seal the deal (45 minutes)
You’ll speak with our cofounder over Zoom to discuss how our values and working styles align, and importantly, how your career ambitions align to our growth plans.
If you are successful at the final stage you will receive an offer, and pending successful references, become a Chattermillian!
Want to learn more about who we are and what we do? Check out our website here!
Diversity & Inclusion
We want to enable exceptional experiences for everyone, and to achieve this we need everyone’s voice in our team. We are on a mission to bring more diversity into the business in 2022 and to give everyone (from all backgrounds and abilities) a chance to join us, even if they may not fit all of the requirements set out in this job spec.
We believe we need ALL hands-on deck to achieve our goals and that’s why we hope you’ll apply today.
We believe in removing unconscious biases from our recruitment process wherever possible. As part of this effort, we ask that you do not include your photograph or personal details with your application.