Senior Frontend Engineer
Engineering - London, England, United KingdomApply now
A Roadmap to Your Success…
We believe that The Right Team is Key if we want to achieve our growth plans by the end of 2022. That’s why we need you to support our Head of Engineering, to achieve our ambitious goals and for you to make your mark from day one.
We have big plans and are now looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our Product team to play an integral role in developing the Chattermill platform.
As part of your position, you’ll enjoy……
- The ability to share in the company’s success through options
- Flexible working conditions and the opportunity to work from home
- £500 (yearly) personal development budget, a progression framework, unlimited access to a fully stocked library and bi-weekly Breakfast and Learns
- A flexible Health & Wellness benefits budget that can be spent on health insurance, physical, and mental health or other needs starting at £50pcm growing £25pcm for each year of service
- 25 days holiday (in addition to bank holidays) + 1 day for your birthday + 1 day for every year of service up to 5 years
- Contribution to your pension (don’t worry, we are looking to increase our 3% contribution very soon)
- Perks including discounts on cinema tickets, utilities and more
- Lovely office with great classes, events, and a rooftop terrace
- Regular company socials planned by our great colleagues
What you’ll be doing…
- Work in an agile environment to develop new features of our app while improving internal tools used by our team
- Collaborate with backend engineers to design and implement new API endpoints with a focus on excellent TTFB
- Brainstorm features with our product manager and designer and guide decisions based on your knowledge of the codebase
- Assist our skilled Customer Experience team in triaging bugs and solving issues in production
- Spread the knowledge of new web technologies and best practices within the team
- Take part in peer code review
- Be involved in all steps of the project including design, architecture, implementation and automated tests development
- Work in a multi-functional team to exceed our customers’ expectations
What you’ll need…
- Expertise in building responsive layouts with CSS and HTML
- Experience building and debugging complex SPA in a team
- Good CS fundamentals and practical knowledge of SOLID principles and design patterns
- Strong UX and design sensibilities and an interest in sweating the small stuff
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Self-awareness, a positive attitude, a sense of humour, and empathy
We are obsessed with experience…
This is what the interview process will look like:
First stage: Get to know the role
This will be a 60 minute interview with a member of the team engineering team.
Second stage: Technical Interview
You'll be sent a take home task to complete, upon completion we'll book a follow up 60 minute call to discuss the task in further detail.
Third stage: Product and Cultural interview
You'll get to meet our VP of Data and Research and our Lead Product Owner
Final stage: Let’s seal the deal
You'll spend 45 minutes speaking with our CEO, Mikhail Dubov.