Senior Full Stack Engineer
Product - London, England, United KingdomApply now
At Chattermill we use cutting-edge AI technology to give leading companies the key to improving their customer experience. We work with many of the most exciting companies in the world (Uber, HelloFresh, Transferwise, Skyscanner, and Deliveroo to name a handful!) and are passionate about helping them put their customers’ at the heart of their decision making.
In four short years, we’ve grown from two co-founders to a team of 50 (and counting) bright and diverse individuals. We have big plans and are now looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our team in London to help us build the next generation of internal tooling used to manage millions of data points in Chattermill platform.
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will:
- Work in a fast-paced environment to develop a new command tool that will enable our internal teams to control our platform in a single interface
- Enable faster integrations with third party API to pull customer feedback data from any data source out there
- Be proactive in finding new scenarios to automate and helping our internal teams have great performance
- Spread the knowledge of new web technologies and best practices within the team
- Take part in peer code review
- Be involved in all steps of the project including design, architecture, implementation and automated tests development
- Work in a multifunctional team to exceed our customer expectations
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience with React and Ruby
- Good CS fundamentals, practical knowledge of SOLID principles and design patterns
- Good skills of fast prototyping of user interfaces with one of the component libraries for React
- Proficiency with PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch and Redis.
- Extensive experience of building integrations with third-party API of any kind (including but not limited to REST API, SOAP, GraphQL)
- Understanding of patterns for asynchronous messaging, practical experience with RabbitMQ and/or Kafka. Understanding how to build a reliable pipeline out of individual workers
- Understanding of 12-factor app principles and requirements for cloud-native applications
Nice to have:
- Experience designing and building applications in a micro-service architecture
- Experience with frontend test frameworks and tools including but not limited to Jest, Cypress, Storybook
- Prior experience with Ember.js
- Practical experience with Kubernetes and ability to write Helm charts for your apps
- Practical experience with Golang is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
Why join us?
- A competitive salary as well as the ability to share in the company’s success through options
- Great progression opportunities - we want you to grow with us!
- 25 days holiday (in addition to bank holidays) + 1 day for your birthday + 1 day for every year of service
- A big focus on personal development including a £500 development budget, a fully stocked library and biweekly Breakfast and Learns
- Perks including discounts on cinema tickets, utilities and more
- Flexible working conditions and the opportunity to work from home
- Lovely office (with great classes, events, and a rooftop terrace)
- Office wellness events like Monday Mindfulness and yoga
- Quarterly Company Socials planned by our great colleagues!