Technical Talent Lead
People and Talent - London, England, United KingdomApply now
At Chattermill we use cutting-edge AI technology to give leading companies the key to improving their customer experience. We work with many of the most exciting companies in the world (Uber, HelloFresh, Transferwise, and Skyscanner to name a handful!) and are passionate about helping them put their customers at the heart of their decision making.
In just over 5 years, we’ve grown from two co-founders to a team of 50 (and counting) bright and diverse individuals. We have big plans and are now looking for a Technical Talent Lead to join us in London and help us grow our exceptional product team.
We are looking for our first dedicated tech talent hire and they will be focused on helping grow our tech team whilst also being passionate about helping in all areas of Talent across Chattermill. The right candidate will see themselves as a Head of Talent in the not so distant future, and be able to create a Talent Strategy that helps Chattermill grow from our team of 50 now and through our next stages of growth.
Chattermill was recently voted into 16th in the Fastest growing tech companies in the UK by Deloitte and was 77th in the fastest growing companies in Europe in the FT1000. We have ambitious plans to keep growing, developing our product to reach more customers and we want to hire the best talent available to us across all departments.
One of our core company values is The Right Team is Key and we are hoping that the right person shares that belief and wants to share in the next stages towards building a category-defining company in the Customer Experience Analytics space.
As a Technical Talent Lead, you will:
- Partner closely with our Engineering, Data Science and Product teams to scale them
- Develop our strategy for resourcing technical talent across multiple geographies (in London and remote) - including experience of creating external partnerships with Universities, code academies and apprenticeship providers.
- Source and deliver targeted and effective campaigns to attract strong candidates
- Conduct Zoom screens with candidates and pitch Chattermill to build excitement in our product, team, and mission
- Lead the reporting function for recruitment - experience working with data to track progress, identify bottlenecks and ideat solutions within the team
- Coordinate the recruitment process end to end including arranging interviews, sending tasks, delivering feedback, and managing offers
- We take our candidate experience very seriously, you should be passionate about delivering a consistent, seamless and overall pleasurable Chattermill experience
- Use our ATS (Greenhouse) to manage processes smoothly and ensure visibility across the team
- Work closely with People Ops to develop a seamless onboarding process for new joiners
- Help to build our employer brand with a particular focus on engineering
- Be a culture champion — partner with the People Ops team to foster a unified (and fun!) culture across our geographies
- Help to build our employer brand - partnering with our People Ops team to foster a unified (and fun) culture across our geographies and support the development of a seamless on-boarding process for new joiners
What we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of engineering recruitment experience, preferably including 2+ years’ within a startup SaaS environment
- A strong track record of hiring technical talent in Europe
- Experience managing the logistics of onboarding across different geographies, including remotely
- A solid understanding of software development, our tech stack and its nuances - we currently use Ruby on Rails, Elasticsearch, Postgres and React as an analytics company being comfortable with Data Science/Machine learning (particularly NLP) principles is a huge bonus.
- Proven experience in building strong candidate pipelines using a variety of different sourcing methods and tools
- Strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to gather requirements and drive action
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to rapidly build rapport and relationships
- You should be an emotionally intelligent individual, with the ability to influence and inspire others.
- You care deeply about people and are passionate about engaging others and fostering a great culture
- You’re passionate about building a strong employer brand and understand various ways to impact it
- You’re data literate and can track and share metrics in a meaningful way
- You’re highly organised and can manage multiple tasks effectively
Why join us?
- A competitive salary as well as the ability to share in the company’s success through options
- We want you to grow with us, so we place huge importance on providing our people with great opportunities to develop and progress, such as a £500 (yearly) personal development budget, a progression framework, unlimited access to a fully stocked library and biweekly Breakfast and Learns
- Great progression opportunities - we want you to grow with us!
- A flexible Health & Wellness benefits budget that can be spent on health insurance, physical and mental health or other needs starting at £50pcm growing £25pcm for each year of service
- 25 days holiday (in addition to bank holidays) + 1 day for your birthday + 1 day for every year of service up to 5 years
- Perks including discounts on cinema tickets, utilities and more
- Flexible working conditions and the opportunity to work from home
- Lovely office with great classes, events, and a rooftop terrace (when not in a pandemic!)
- Regular company socials planned by our great colleagues!