Junior Sales Engineer
Sales - London, England, United KingdomApply now
At Chattermill we use cutting-edge AI technology to give leading companies the key to improving their customer experience. We work with many of the most exciting companies in the world (Uber, HelloFresh, Transferwise, and Skyscanner to name a handful!) and are passionate about helping them put their customers at the heart of their decision making.
In our 6 years we’ve grown from two co-founders to a team of 50 (and counting) bright and diverse individuals. Chattermill was recently voted 16th in the Fastest growing tech companies in the UK by Deloitte and 77th in the fastest growing companies in Europe in the FT1000. We have ambitious plans to keep growing and are now looking for a Junior Sales Engineer to join us in London and support seamless client onboarding while streamlining our implementation and integration process.
One of our core company values is that The Right Team is Key and we are hoping that the right person shares this belief and wants to work collaboratively (in one of the roles that interacts with the most teams at Chattermill!) while making a big contribution to the growth and success of the company.
As a Junior Sales Engineer, you will:
- Significantly contribute to the key strategic initiative of streamlining our customer journey from the first contact to first insight
- Work as a part of our Sales team to ensure that data from prospects is set up seamlessly in the Chattermill platform for trials, including integrating with APIs
- Manage and manipulate data in the Chattermill platform by using Python (Pandas, Numpy) and SQL
- Work closely with our Machine Learning Operations team to help build custom NLP Model solutions
- Help to develop our Trials processes in line with product improvements to scale Chattermill's Sales function
- Work to streamline and develop automated processes for all data-heavy operations across Chattermill
- Aid in maintaining and improving the quality and accuracy of our Machine Learning models
- Efficiently prioritise tasks and manage your time to meet deadlines
- Assist in advising the wider sales team on our technical capabilities
What we’re looking for:
- Beginner Python skills (Pandas and Numpy in particular)
- A strong interest in the real world applications of AI
- An understanding of and interest in working with APIs
- A commercially minded individual who enjoys working to targets
- Strong communication skills and the ability to handle objections
- Great time and project management skills
- Effective listening skills and the ability to pick up on key information
- You’re able to manage multiple priorities and projects
- You’re solutions focussed, resourceful, and a natural problem solver
Nice to have:
- Prior experience working with Data
- Education within STEM or a coding bootcamp
- Familiarity with SQL
Why join us?
- A competitive salary as well as the ability to share in the company’s success through options
- We want you to grow with us, so we place huge importance on providing our people with great opportunities to develop and progress, such as a £500 (yearly) personal development budget, a progression framework, unlimited access to a fully stocked library and biweekly Breakfast and Learns
- Great progression opportunities - we want you to grow with us!
- A flexible Health & Wellness benefits budget that can be spent on health insurance, physical and mental health or other needs starting at £50pcm growing £25pcm for each year of service
- 25 days holiday (in addition to bank holidays) + 1 day for your birthday + 1 day for every year of service up to 5 years
- Perks including discounts on cinema tickets, utilities and more
- Flexible working conditions and the opportunity to work from home
- Lovely office with great classes, events, and a rooftop terrace (when not in a pandemic!)
- Regular company socials planned by our great colleagues!