Sales Development Team Lead
Sales - London, England, United KingdomApply now
At Chattermill we use cutting-edge AI technology to give leading companies the key to improving their customer experience. We work with many of the most exciting companies in the world (Uber, HelloFresh, Transferwise, and Skyscanner to name a handful!) and are passionate about helping them put their customers at the heart of their decision making.
In our 6 years we’ve grown from two co-founders to a team of 50 (and counting) bright and diverse individuals. Chattermill was recently voted into 16th in the Fastest growing tech companies in the UK by Deloitte and was 77th in the fastest growing companies in Europe in the FT1000. We have ambitious plans to keep growing and are now looking for a Sales Development Team Lead to play a big part as an integral member of our Sales team. The Sales Development Team Lead will be a player-coach who will motivate and lead our SDR team by example while contributing SQLs to the top of our funnel.
One of our core company values is that The Right Team is Key and we are hoping that the right person shares this belief and wants to foster collaboration (and fun!) in their team while making a big contribution to the growth and success of the company.
As a Sales Development Team Lead, you will:
- Onboard and continuously develop SDRs to help them meet their individual goals
- Coach and support SDRs to achieve both their individual and team targets
- Identify opportunities for better processes to improve efficiency in lead generation and sales pipeline activity and collaborate with others to implement them
- Work closely with our marketing team to improve our messaging and create sales collateral for outreach
- Help to build an effective analytics framework to monitor key activity metrics, identify trends and drive improvements
- Encourage and ensure the effective use of relevant tools including Outreach and Hubspot
- Be a hands-on leader that encourages sales excellence and leads by example
- Identify, interview, and hire sales development talent with a focus on attracting and retaining top talent that can quickly grow and scale within the organisation
- Mentor individual SDRs and contribute to our career progression programme
- Report weekly on team results and key metrics (including emails, calls, leads, opportunities, pipeline and conversion ratios) to Sales and Marketing leadership in biweekly catch up
- Look after the teams needs and interests and be their voice in the business
- Be responsible for challenging and supporting the individual SDRs in their Pipeline ownership
What we’re looking for:
- 1+ years’ experience leading a sales development team
- Strong people management skills and a love of coaching and mentoring
- Prior experience as a Sales Development Representative with a strong track record of bringing in SQLs
- Experience working with complex or challenger products
- The ability to use data and metrics in a meaningful way to assess and improve performance
- A collaborative team player who cares deeply about the success of the wider business
- Strong emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills, a customer-centric and consultative approach to working
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- The ability to ask effective questions, listen actively and analyse key information
- The ability to identify and address the needs of prospective clients
- You’re motivated to reach goals and achieve key deliverables and want to foster this attitude in your team
Nice to have:
- Prior experience in a high growth startup environment
- Experience using Hubspot and Outreach
- Degree level education
Why join us?
- A competitive salary as well as the ability to share in the company’s success through options
- We want you to grow with us, so we place huge importance on providing our people with great opportunities to develop and progress, such as a £500 (yearly) personal development budget, a progression framework, unlimited access to a fully stocked library and biweekly Breakfast and Learns
- Great progression opportunities - we want you to grow with us!
- A flexible Health & Wellness benefits budget that can be spent on health insurance, physical and mental health or other needs starting at £50pcm growing £25pcm for each year of service
- 25 days holiday (in addition to bank holidays) + 1 day for your birthday + 1 day for every year of service up to 5 years
- Perks including discounts on cinema tickets, utilities and more
- Flexible working conditions and the opportunity to work from home
- Lovely office with great classes, events, and a rooftop terrace (when not in a pandemic!)
- Regular company socials planned by our great colleagues!