Senior NLP Data Scientist
Data Science - London, England, United KingdomApply now
At Chattermill we use cutting-edge AI technology to give leading companies the key to improving their customer experience. We work with many of the most exciting companies in the world (Uber, HelloFresh, Transferwise, and Skyscanner to name a handful!) and are passionate about helping them put their customers at the heart of their decision making.
Chattermill was recently voted into 16th in the Fastest growing tech companies in the UK by Deloitte and was 77th in the fastest growing companies in Europe in the FT1000. We have ambitious plans to keep growing, developing our product to reach more customers and we want to hire the best talent available to us across all departments.
One of our core company values is The Right Team is Key and we are hoping that the right person shares that belief and wants to share in the next stages towards building a category-defining company in the Customer Experience Analytics space.
Data Science at Chattermill:
Our mission is to help companies operationalise their Customer Experience (CX) data through AI. Since our company’s founding, we have been relentlessly leveraging the best Natural Language Processing (NLP) technologies for analysing customer feedback data. In recent years, we have been utilising state-of-the-art transformer architectures (e.g. RoBERTa and T5). We have big plans to change the CX landscape and revolutionise how insights are gleaned from terabytes of customer feedback data that our clients collect. We are looking for a senior-level talented and innovative applied scientist to bring our Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning R&D to the next level and empower us end-to-end from research to production. Our goal is to deliver industry-leading Customer Feedback Analytics using cutting-edge Natural Language Processing and other ML techniques, demonstrating Chattermill analytics as a core value proposition and competitive advantage.
This exciting role is in the Data Science team. We are looking for a Senior NLP Data Scientist with significant NLP experience gained in academia or industry, to drive best practice and cultivate an environment of experimentation and learning.
As a Senior NLP Data Scientist, you will:
- Work as part of our fantastic Data Science team to ensure our clients get the most out of the Chattermill platform
- Conduct applied NLP research (e.g. emotion analysis, translation, ranking, summarisation, phrase extraction) for extracting commercially beneficial and impactful insights from customer reviews, open-end surveys, chat and voice data
- Develop data science approaches and best practice for scalably extracting valuable customer insights
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with ML Engineering, ML Operations and Product
- Make your mark on leading ambitious research projects
- Deploy models to production that directly impact our customers and products
- Discuss and experiment with cutting-edge research (or include in our production systems)
What we are looking for:
- 4+ years of work experience in Data Science with significant experience in deep learning and natural language processing
- Experience with deep learning frameworks (e.g. PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras, MXNet etc.)
- An understanding of and passion for data science, as well as for the value of actionable customer insights
- MSc or PhD degree in Computer Science, NLP/AI, Machine Learning, Computational Linguistics or related fields
- A strong understanding of statistical analysis and predictive modelling
- Excellent command of at least one programming language (preferably Python)
- Interest in mentoring and knowledge sharing with Data Scientists at Chattermill
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills
Why join us?
- A competitive salary as well as the ability to share in the company’s success through options
- We want you to grow with us, so we place huge importance on providing our people with great opportunities to develop and progress, such as a £500 (yearly) personal development budget, a progression framework, unlimited access to a fully stocked library and biweekly Breakfast and Learns
- Great progression opportunities - we want you to grow with us!
- A flexible Health & Wellness benefits budget that can be spent on health insurance, physical and mental health or other needs starting at £50pcm growing £25pcm for each year of service
- 25 days holiday (in addition to bank holidays) + 1 day for your birthday + 1 day for every year of service up to 5 years
- Perks including discounts on cinema tickets, utilities and more
- Flexible working conditions and the opportunity to work from home
- Lovely office with great classes, events, and a rooftop terrace (when not in a pandemic!)
- Regular company socials planned by our great colleagues!