Chattermill Stands With Ukraine 🇺🇦
By Mikhail Dubov
An update from Chattermill’s co-founders, Mikhail Dubov and Dmitry Isupov
Like most people, everyone across Chattermill has been shocked and appalled by Russia’s criminal full-scale invasion of Ukraine.
As Chattermill’s co-founders, we have already spoken out and protested in a personal capacity, but feel compelled to add our position as Chattermill.
To us, this war is especially heartbreaking as it was started by a country both of us founders were born in before leaving for the UK at an early age. Furthermore, since Chattermill’s early days we have worked with a number of amazing engineers from Ukraine. Kyiv will always be an important place in our history.
Our message is simple. To our Ukrainian colleagues, partners, and users, we stand with you. To all of Ukraine, we are in awe of your courage and we stand with you. To everyone else, we ask that you declare your support for those fighting for freedom and democracy against the wholly unprovoked and unjustified Russian invasion of Ukraine.
We hope that peace will soon return to Ukraine. And we hope that the illegal actions of Russia will be met with the strongest sanctions and retributive justice.
What Chattermill is doing
Our first priority as a business is to support our team in Ukraine.
Our first priority as a business is to support our team members in Ukraine. We’re helping our people with emergency relocation where possible, providing salary advances, and offering alternative payment methods. Importantly, we are also working to ensure our Ukrainian employees are prioritising their physical and mental health above work.
We no longer work with new Russian clients.
At Chattermill, we work with businesses around the world. We will not sign any Russian companies as clients for the foreseeable future. While we believe improving customer experience is almost always a positive force in the world, we can’t in good conscience enable companies paying taxes that support the war.
More importantly, we will work to direct all future revenue made from our existing relationships in Russia to help Ukraine – through charities, and through direct support to families affected.
We condemn the unjustified Russian invasion of Ukraine.
Chattermill was built in London. London is still our main home even as we expand around the world. Though born in Russia, both of us have lived, studied and worked in the UK for most of our lives.
We both strongly condemn the unjustified Russian invasion of Ukraine – and we have done so publicly. We are also, as we speak, actively helping Ukrainian people outside of Chattermill find safety, homes and careers outside the warzone, and have donated substantial sums of money to support Ukrainians – we will continue to do so.
What you can do
We ask that you offer any help you can– whether that’s by peacefully protesting, speaking to your member of parliament, or donating money.
Below are links to some trustworthy organisations in need of funds to continue supporting and caring for the people of Ukraine.
- With Ukraine is a special fund to provide humanitarian assistance to Ukraine’s civilian population, established by the Embassy of Ukraine in the UK.
- The UNHCR Refugee Agency emergency appeal helps ensure that Ukrainians forced to flee their homes are sheltered and safe.
- The Red Cross has established a Ukraine Crisis Appeal to provide food, water, first aid, medicine, warm clothes and shelter.
- Defend Ukraine have collated a list of fundraisers, charities, and donation links in support of Ukraine, covering financial and humanitarian aid, medical supplies, and military support.
- The Ukraine Crisis Media Center has published a list of recommendations of charities in Ukraine to support.
- Help Ukraine Emergency Appeal.
- The Kyiv Independent reports on the ground from Ukraine.
- Defending Ukraine Together by savelife.in.ua